This isn’t necessarily a recipe I have worked on, it’s just something that seemed delicious to me, given what was in my fridge. It came out super deliciously, so I thought I’d share my pictures and recipes with you!
Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus and Shrimp
Time to make: 25 minutes, including preparation
NOTE: You need a food processor for this recipe.
For the pesto
- 2 packed cups of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or a large handful)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
For the rest
- garlic powder
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 8-10 medium sized shrimp
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 6 stalks of asparagus, chopped into thirds
1. Put all of the ingredients for the pesto into the food processor and blend. Taste with your finger and add anymore of one ingredient to make to your taste (ie if it’s too salty, add in more basil/pine nuts/olive oil). Set aside.
2. Place a medium sized saucepan on medium-high heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Once heated, add in the asparagus, spray with olive oil cooking spray and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir frequently until easily pierced with a fork.
3. While asparagus is cooking, fill a large saucepan full of salted water. Once boiled, add in the zucchini pasta. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until (test it!) the zucchini is softened a bit. Pour out into a coriander, lay out on paper towels and pat dry.
4. Place a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place in the shrimp, spray with cooking spray and season tops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let cook for 1-2 minutes and then flip over and cook another 2 minutes or until completely opaque.
5. Add the zucchini pasta to a large bowl and add in the pesto, asparagus and shrimp and mix thoroughly to combine. I like to take a scissor and cut the long noodles in half so that they are easier to cute and share. Divide onto two plates and enjoy!